Congrats to Chapman NSSLHA for being awarded with gold chapter recognition again this year! Chapter Honors are awarded to the NSSLHA Chapters that demonstrate an awareness of student issues and concerns, outreach to the community, educational opportunities, and social and fundraising activities promoting both the professions and the national association.
Today we received a letter from the Co-Founders of Autism Speaks thanking us for our participation in Light It Up Blue. Great job everyone!
This year, more than 1400 iconic buildings and landmarks in over 30 countries turned their lights blue to raise autism awareness. These building and landmarks include:
- Empire State Building: New York, NY
- Sydney Opera House: Sydney, Australia
- Great Buddha at Hyogo: Kobe, Japan
- Christ the Redeemer: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Al Faisaliyah Center: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Mercedes-Benz Arena: Shanghai, China
- Palace of Culture and Science: Warsaw, Poland
- National Concert Hall: Dublin, Ireland
- Hungarian Parliament Building: Budapest, Hungary
- Universal Studios: Hollywood, CA & Orlando, FL
- Niagara Falls: Niagara Falls, Canada
- Dubai Festival City: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Palace of the Parliament: Bucharest, Romania
- Kenyatta International Conference Center: Nairobi, Kenya
- Cairo Tower: Cairo, Egypt
- CN Tower: Toronto, Canada
- Spinnaker Tower: Portsmouth, England
- Harbtoor Grand Hotel: Beirut, Lebanon
- LBBW Bank Building: Prague, Czech Republic
- Bahrain World Trade Center: Manama, Bahrain
- NYSE Euronext Paris: Paris, France
- Cristo Rei: Lisbon, Portugal
- High Court in Bangladesh: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Edificio Empresas Publicas de Madellin: Madellin, Colombia
- Torre Agbar: Barcelona, Spain
- Mon Plaisir Elementary School: Oranjestad, Aruba
- Palace of Fine Arts: Mexico City, Mexico
- Nicosia Town Hall: Nicosia, Cyprus
- National Institute Against Discrimination, Xenophobia, and Racism: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- City of Arts and Science: Valencia, Spain
- Bratislava Castle: Bratislava, Slovakia
- Michael Fowler Centre: Wellington, New Zealand
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital: New York, NY
- Rockefeller Center: New York, NY
- Radio City Music Hall: New York, NY
- Ralph Lauren: New York, NY
- Roosevelt House at Hunter College: New York, NY
- The Mar-a-Lago Club: Palm Beach, FL
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum: New York, NY
- Madison Square Garden: New York, NY
- Elizabeth Arden: New York, NY
- Discovery Communications: Silver Springs, MD
- Peter B. Lewis Building: Cleveland, OH
- Gateway Geyser: East St. Louis, IL
Go to lightitupblue.org to see the slideshow presented at the United Nation which includes our picture of the WilsonTron over the Chapman football field!
Out there things can happen
And frequently do
To people as brainy
And footsy as you.
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So…get on your way!
— Dr. Seuss